Articles on this Page
- 09/30/14--13:50: _Here’s John Mulaney...
- 12/31/14--12:00: _Nobody Panic But Th...
- 01/05/15--13:50: _Watch Summer Glau I...
- 01/20/15--07:00: _Jim O’Heir Of ‘Park...
- 02/23/15--14:40: _Watch Key And Peele...
- 04/16/15--06:50: _A ‘Mr. Show’ All-St...
- 10/08/15--08:00: _Paul F. Tompkins Tr...
- 10/26/15--21:52: _It’s Business As Us...
- 07/20/16--19:48: _Paul F. Tompkins Wr...
- 10/06/14--08:33: _Ed Helms Knew He wa...
- 11/10/14--04:45: _Watch: Sarah Silver...
- 07/15/15--08:00: _How the sad but sil...
- 07/19/15--07:20: _‘Battlefield Earth’...
- 11/09/15--23:05: _Review: The ‘Mr. Sh...
- 09/29/14--09:34: _John Mulaney Talks ...
- 01/06/10--06:45: _TMR: Sean Penn’s st...
- 10/20/10--11:30: _The Pod. F Tompkast
- 03/11/11--05:00: _Flashdance Cat, Dis...
- 03/11/11--01:12: _Paul F. Tompkins de...
- 03/12/12--06:44: _The 'Comedy Bang! B...
- 04/20/12--14:09: _Weekend Preview: Th...
- 08/08/12--08:34: _Zach Galifianakis S...
- 01/03/13--07:00: _Paul F. Tompkins Li...
- 01/04/13--13:30: _Final Track: 7 Must...
- 02/04/13--12:35: _Neil DeGrasse Tyson...
- 04/15/13--14:04: _Alison Brie Imitate...
- 05/14/13--04:28: _12 comedians known ...
- 09/09/13--12:59: _What Would Zack Mor...
- 09/10/13--09:03: _Watch Mark-Paul Gos...
- 09/16/13--11:30: _Jonathan Banks Read...
- 09/16/13--13:00: _Watch Jonathan Bank...
- 09/24/13--08:50: _Amy Poehler Magical...
- 11/26/13--11:00: _Kaitlin Olson Talks...
- 12/09/13--12:00: _Key And Peele Tried...
- 12/23/13--13:30: _Lizzy Caplan Showed...
- 12/24/13--07:07: _Lizzy Caplan imitat...
- 01/24/14--09:30: _UPROXX 20: Paul F. ...
- 03/04/14--11:00: _Gillian Jacobs Defi...
- 03/17/14--07:35: _Haley Joel Osment N...
- 03/18/14--09:00: _Haley Joel Osment P...
- 05/21/14--18:15: _The Trailer For Com...
- 07/21/14--13:00: _Watch Dan Harmon Ta...
- 08/13/14--09:50: _2776: How Three Com...
- 08/18/14--12:30: _Paul F Tompkins Had...
- 08/20/14--10:00: _Here’s Everything Y...
- 09/02/14--07:20: _Watch Bob Saget Awk...
- 09/22/17--19:58: _Mel Brooks Doesn’t ...
- 10/08/15--08:00: Paul F. Tompkins Tries To Teach Us How To Be Adults
- 07/20/16--19:48: Paul F. Tompkins Wrote A Stunning Tribute To Garry Marshall
- 10/06/14--08:33: Ed Helms Knew He was Going to Get ‘The Daily Show’
- 11/10/14--04:45: Watch: Sarah Silverman Takes a Marijuana Mastery Test
- 11/09/15--23:05: Review: The ‘Mr. Show’ gang reunites for Netflix’s ‘W/ Bob & David’
- 09/29/14--09:34: John Mulaney Talks ‘SNL’ and Sitcoms with Paul F. Tompkins
- 10/20/10--11:30: The Pod. F Tompkast
- 03/11/11--05:00: Flashdance Cat, Disapproving Cat, and Paul F. Tompkins
- 03/11/11--01:12: Paul F. Tompkins developing ‘Evil Genius’ for Comedy Central
- 04/20/12--14:09: Weekend Preview: The Premiere of ‘Veep’
- 01/04/13--13:30: Final Track: 7 Must-Hear Songs Of The Week
- 04/15/13--14:04: Alison Brie Imitates Popular Internet Memes
- 05/14/13--04:28: 12 comedians known for wearing outrageous outfits
- 09/09/13--12:59: What Would Zack Morris Do In 2013?
- 12/24/13--07:07: Lizzy Caplan imitates some memes for Paul F. Tompkins’ web show
- 03/17/14--07:35: Haley Joel Osment Names Dead People with Paul F. Tompkins
- 09/02/14--07:20: Watch Bob Saget Awkwardly Narrate ‘America’s Filthiest Home Videos’
NottobeoutdonebyhisSaturdayNightLive colleagueBillHader,whosestoriesabouthowterribleJustinBieberisaregospelaroundtheseparts,JohnMulaney—youmayhaveseenhimbefore —usedhislastfewminuteson“Speakeasy”withPaulF.Tompkins togointodetailaboutthetimeJustinBieberprankscaredhimbackstageatSNL,andthenproceededtopointandlaughathimuntilBieberandhispossewerefullyamused.
summer stoner dogjoshuproxx
Comedian, host, podcaster, and dapper gentleman Paul F. Tompkins is a veritable jack of all comedic trades. After getting his start in comedy at Philadelphia’s Comedy Works in 1986 , the native East Coaster moved to Los Angeles in 1994 and gained national attention via Bob Odenkirk and David Cross’ Mr. Show . Since then, Tompkins has hosted VH1’s Best Week Ever series, played minor roles in the films of Paul Thomas Anderson and Adam McKay , and became a podcasting deity .
paul f tompkins crying and driving 2sumtexanguypaul f tompkins crying and driving 1
The return of Bob Odenkirk and David Cross to sketch comedy will be upon us soon thanks to the fine folks at Netflix. W/ Bob And David premieres on November 13th, filling the post- Mr. Show void. Too many times we’ve been forced to look back and create ways to keep the show alive in our memories, but now we have teasers and trailers to prove that this is real.
The comedian and acclaimed podcaster penned a poignant open letter memorializing the late director for 'Vulture'.
“Speakeasy” is one of the great interview series on YouTube. Paul F. Tompkins has interviewed everyone from Lizzy Caplan to Haley Joel Osment, and his newest episode featuring Ed Helms is very engrossing. It helps that the look of the show is so fabulous. It's like an HBO drama about funny celebrities being candid. It just works.
Sarah Silverman is not just a great comedian and interviewee; she's also apparently a living Wikipedia entry on marijuana comprehension.
The Emmy winner sat down with Paul F. Tompkins for his excellent show “Speakeasy” and took a test to prove whether she can spot phony marijuana varieties. This girl's got skills.
It's difficult to describe Netflix's “BoJack Horseman” – and, more importantly, the show's genius – without sounding high at best, insane at worst. It's a surreal cartoon series set in a universe where humans mingle with (and frequently date and marry) anthropomorphized animals like the title character, voiced by Will Arnett, who's still living off the fame and fortune from his stint as a '90s family sitcom star.
Living in LA is enormous fun. Or at least, the potential for enormous fun is always there, provided you actually pay attention and go to things and get out of the house and actually take advantage of the various amazing opportunities that are around.
The UCB Theater is a place I should spend more time. No two ways about it.
Even before the days of Peak TV in America, it was impossible for everyone to watch everything on television. We all have pop culture gaps. One of mine is “Mr. Show with Bob and David,” the HBO sketch comedy show, created by and starring Bob Odenkirk and David Cross, that aired from 1995-98, and that employed Jack Black, Sarah Silverman, Paul F.
Paul F. Tompkins' show “Speakeasy” is a great interview show that's featured folks like Marc Maron, Busy Philipps, Lizzy Caplan, and Bob Saget. You know, celebrities who can actually speak well. It's nice.
This week Tompkins invited on John Mulaney, the “SNL” writer and new “Mulaney” star who apparently wanted to be Desi Arnaz growing up.
Welcome to The Morning Read.
As I was working yesterday on some articles, I was inspired by the “10 best man-in-gorilla-suit movies” list by Mr. Beaks at AICN to throw on some Three Stooges shorts. Those guys knew the value of a good man-in-a-gorilla-suit gag, and sure enough, about two shorts into the disc I randomly picked, there was an entire bit about a mad scientist who wanted to put Curly’s brain in a gorilla’s body. Good stuff.
(*Sigh*) People. PEOPLE. What am I going to do with you? Last time Uproxx did a Buyers Guide, I did America a favor and recommended the hilarious Comedy Death Ray Radio Podcast . This was supposed to enlighten the masses, and trigger a popular comedy revolution that would lead the pandering, cut rate hacks of the world on a path to irrelevance. Yet here we are, three months later, and I’m still see being ruthlessly assaulted news to the contrary. For example, did you know that the kid from “Two and a Half Men” makes $300,000 AN EPISODE ?
She’s a maniac, a maniac on the floor
Lost And Found: 50 Of The Internet’s Greatest Missing Posters [ Uproxx ]
This Week In Review: Let Us Take You On A Warm And Fuzzy Internet Journey [ Uproxx ]
50 Examples Of Very Interesting, Unusual Athlete Fan Art [ WithLeather ]
On Princeton University, “Hip-Hop 2.0” & Dr.
Funnyman Paul F. Tompkins is developing a scripted comedy series entitled “Evil Genius” for Comedy Central, according to Deadline.com . Tompkins will star and co-write the series with “Monk” veteran Tom Scharpling.
Tompkins will play Professor Tiberius Lynch, an arch-criminal who conquers the world, and then has to deal with all the mundane bureaucratic tasks that come with that responsibility.
IFC released the first footage from their upcoming “Comedy Bang! Bang!” TV show based on the podcast of the same name. The show premiers in June and is hosted by Scott Aukerman ( Between Two Ferns , Mr. Show ). It includes a mix of interviews and sketches with improvised elements and plenty of surreal humor.
Veep/Girls (HBO, Sunday) – “Veep,” the new political comedy created by Armando Iannucci and starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, is getting great reviews. I’m definitely looking forward to it. Also, I am pleased to announce that the prestigious Danger Guerrero’s Least Favorite Internet Person of the Week Award has been given to Angry Dude Who Hates Everything About Hipster Culture but Watched “Girls” Anyway for Some Reason and then Declared That It Sucked Because the Characters Were Unlikable Hipsters and Used the C-Word a Bunch While Doing It.
It’s time to snuggle with one of the best Zach Galifianakis interviews since his Between Two Ferns days: Galifianakis recently spoke with Paul F. Tompkins for the Speakeasy web series from Made Man . He was there to promote The Campaign , but things veered far off the typical press junket canned answers, to hilarious results.
Around midnight last night, comedian Paul F. Tompkins tweeted that he was on a plane with wi-fi, so he’d be live-tweeting the Skymall catalog. As a Paul F. Tompkins fan who has a love-hate relationship with the Skymall catalog, this made for a great evening. Especially when read while listening to his recent cover of Adele’s Skyfall at a Largo show.
It’s impossible to cover each bit of new music that comes out during the week, so every Friday, we’ll be doing an end of the week music roundup. It’s called Final Track, and we’ll count off a few songs released during the week that are worth giving a listen to. ( Banner via )
Today, we’ve got selections from Free Energy, Fuzz, Paul F.
The Internet’s 10 Best Tributes To Bill Murray’s ‘Groundhog Day’ | UPROXX |
Tumblr Hero Has Been Leaking Pages From The ‘Entourage’ Movie Script | Warming Glow |
Rampage Jackson Is Acting Like Rampage Jackson With The Ladies Again | With Leather |
Gas Up the Van: Spring Breakers has a restricted trailer | Film Drunk |
“Bi-Racial” Is The Best Pop-Locking Ode To Mixed-Race Women You’ll Hear Today | Smoking Section |
Go Sports Team!
The Mad Men and Community star imitates Grumpy Cat, Overly Attached Girlfriend, and other memes for Paul F. Tompkins.
Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 5.02.55 PMryanuproxx
Fashion and comedy: it goes together like peanut butter and whatever else you happen to have leftover in the fridge. Whether a component of an onstage persona or just a touch of personal flair, there is a long tradition of comedians performing in wild and sometimes eye-searing costumes. Here are 12 comics from stand-up history who have brought grand sartorialism to the stage.
How would Zack Morris deal with modern day problems involving Facebook, Cross-Fit, iPhone apps, and gluten-free pizza? Mark-Paul Gosselaar himself delves deep into his character for Paul F. Tompkins to come up with solutions.
Screen Shot 2013-09-09 at 3.58.13 PMryanuproxx
Let me begin by disclosing my biases here: I am an unabashed lover of fake mustaches. I have seen every episode of Saved by the Bell multiple times and have written thousands and thousands of words about it. I started watching Franklin & Bash semi-ironically and it has somehow ended up becoming a part of my soul.
Jonathan Banks reads fairy tales as his notoriously gruff Breaking Bad character, Mike Ehrmantraut. (NSFW language.)
Screen Shot 2013-09-16 at 2.29.06 PMryanuproxx
1) The first video posted below features Jonathan Banks on Paul F. Tompkins’ “Speakeasy” web series reading cuss-filled versions of classic children’s fairy tales — like Robin Hood, Chicken Little, and Little Red Riding Hood — in character as Mike Ehrmantraut, his terrifying hitman/fixer character from Breaking Bad . It is exactly as terrific as you are currently imagining it is.
Being awesome BFFs with Tina Fey at the Emmys? Check . Impersonating her son’s lisp out on national television? Check . Hosting an Emmys loser party with Jon Hamm for charity? Check .
But it seems like there’s one missing piece to the puzzle for Amy Poehler to properly promote Parks and Recreation Season 6 .
Kaitlin Olson is the latest guest on Paul F. Tompkins’s web series, Speakeasy . Over the course of the 20-minute clip, the It’s Always Sunny star touches on the following topics:
Coming up through the ranks of the L.A. sketch comedy group, The Groundlings.
The difference between working on a show like It’s Always Sunny that uses “mean” comedy as a way to make a point or deliver a message, and working on shows like Punk’d that used “mean” comedy to humiliate people.
Nick Roy holds the world record for most impressions in 60 seconds. That’s according to Guinness, the experts when it comes to the largest snake egg eaten AND speedy mimicries. But then Key and Peele came along on Paul F. Tompkins’s Made Man video series , attempting to trample Roy like Gandi does bad guys in Gandhi II .
I don’t want anyone to accuse me of burying the lede here, so let’s get right to it: Lizzy Caplan pronounces it “GIF,” none of that “JIF” crap, therefore, it’s GIF, because it’s always been GIF, no matter what the guy who came up with term says. Anyway, Lizzy dropped by Paul F. Tompkins’s web series Made Man to show off her rage face skills, including Nicolas Cage’s “You Don’t Say?” It’s weird that Tompkins would film this: I can’t fathom why he’d think Nicolas Cage + memes + Lizzy Caplan would do well on the Internet.
Nike Basketball The Over-Dribbleruproxxlizzy rage nic cagelizzy caplan rage facelizzy rage 5lizzy rage 4lizzy rage 3lizzy rage
That breeze you just felt? That was an effect of the entire Internet swooning in unison while they watched this video of Lizzy Caplan making meme faces. Which now deserves to be a meme in and of itself.
Here they all are; go nuts!
Paul F. Tompkins is an actor, comedian and writer probably best known for his work on Mr. Show and on VH1’s Best Week Ever . Currently, Paul is the host of Made Man’s Speakeasy with Paul F. Tomkins (if you’ve never checked it out I highly recommend the episodes with Lizzy Kaplan and Key & Peele ), in addition to hosting a podcast, the Pod F.
paul f. tompkinsbrettuproxx
Gillian Jacobs from Community is the latest guest on Paul F. Tompkins’s highly enjoyable web series, “Speakeasy.” The more podcast-savvy among you will note that the two have a little history, as they’ve appeared together multiple times on Comedy Bang Bang — Jacobs as herself, Tompkins in character as Garry “Please, Call Me Garry” Marshall — to discuss their troubled, fictional marriage.
I applaud Paul F. Tompkins for interviewing Haley Joel Osment and not just shaking his head and asking, “Man, 'A.I.' What was that about?” That'd have been my approach. On Tompkins' webseries “Speakeasy,” the comedian grills the youngish Oscar nominee — Osment's still only 25 — about whether certain celebrities are alive or dead. You'd think “The Sixth Sense” star would know, right?
Haley Joel Osment is the latest guest on Paul F. Tompkins’s web series, “Speakeasy,” and seeing as he’s still best known for seeing dead people in The Sixth Sense , Tompkins challenged him to a round of a celebrity dead-or-alive game called “I Hear About Dead People.” I’m not going to lie, it’s a lot harder than you think.
Comedy Central is getting into the digital feature film game, starting with the star-studded 'Jason Nash is Married.'
Jason Nash mainashleyuproxxJason Nash mainJason Nash
"Community" showrunner Dan Harmon is the latest guest on Paul F. Tompkins's excellent web series, "Speakeasy."
Alison interviews the comedians of 2776, who got the likes of Reggie Watts, Will Forte, Paul F. Tompkins, and Alex Trebek to help make a charity comedy album in their garage.
How many cereals do you think RJ Mitte can correctly identify in a blind taste test?
On Friday, Netflix's first original animated series 'BoJack Horseman' debuts, and here is what critics are already saying about it.
BoJack Horseman in bedashleyuproxxBoJack Horseman in bedBoJack Horseman eggBoJack Horseman charactersBoJack HorsemanBoJack ReviewsBoJack Reviews 2Air Bud International Airport
Who wants to hear Bob Saget make a bunch of filthy jokes to popular YouTube videos?
The 'Blazing Saddles' director doesn't think the film could be made today.